Looking for answers? Our most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about buying Disney Vacation Club points and the resale process are below.
The DVC Program
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas (Walt Disney World)
- Disney’s Aulani Villas, Ko Olina, Hawaii (O`ahu, Hawaii)
- Disney’s Bay Lake Tower (Walt Disney World)
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas (Walt Disney World)
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas (Walt Disney World)
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (Walt Disney World)
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (Walt Disney World)
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort (Hilton Head Island, South Carolina)
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort (Walt Disney World)
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa (Walt Disney World)
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort (Vero Beach, Florida)
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa (Disneyland Resort)
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian (Walt Disney World)
- The Villas & Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (Walt Disney World)
There are four types of units (villas) for Disney Vacation Club members to book. There are slight variations in unit availability and configurations from resort to resort.
- Studio – Similar to a standard hotel room, the studio unit typically consists of one queen bed and a sleeper sofa and can accommodate four guests. Some resorts now feature a twin trundle bed accommodating a 5th guest. Also included is a mini-kitchenette with an under-counter refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker.
- One-Bedroom Villa – The one-bedroom unit has a master suite, a living room, a full kitchen, and a private patio. The master suite has a king-size bed, a master bath with a whirlpool tub and separate shower, and a television. The living room has a queen-size sleeper sofa and a television. The kitchen is fully equipped with a range, stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, coffee maker, and microwave. There is also a laundry closet with a washer and a dryer. The one-bedroom unit typically sleeps four people but some resorts can accommodate up to five guests.
- Two-Bedroom Villa – The two-bedroom unit usually consists of a one-bedroom unit and a connecting studio. Some are dedicated two-bedroom units consisting of a one-bedroom unit and a second bedroom with two queen sized beds, a table with chairs, a television set, a private balcony or patio, and a full bathroom. There is also a laundry closet with a washer and a dryer. The two-bedroom unit typically sleeps up to eight people but some resorts can accommodate up to nine.
- Three-Bedroom Grand Villa – The three-bedroom unit is the most luxurious vacation home at the Disney Vacation Club resorts. Each unit has three bedrooms and three baths, usually spanning two floors. The first floor has a master bedroom suite, a living room, a kitchen. The master bedroom suite has a king-size bed, a master bath with a whirlpool tub and separate shower, and a television. The living room has a cathedral ceiling, queen-size sleeper sofa, and a television. The kitchen is fully equipped with a range, stove, refrigerator, sink, dishwasher, coffee maker, and microwave oven. The second floor has two additional bedrooms. Each of these rooms has two double-size beds (or one queen bed and a sleeper sofa) and a private bathroom. There is also a laundry closet with a washer and a dryer on the second floor. Three-Bedroom Grand Villas sleep a total of 12 guests. Note: Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Polynesian do not have Grand Villa units.
|DVC Resort Expiration Dates|
|Bay Lake Tower||2060|
|Beach Club Villas||2042|
|Old Key West||2042 or 2057|
|WL: Boulder Ridge||2042|
|WL: Copper Creek||2068|
Effective February 25, 2018, to be eligible for Membership Extras, Members must own and maintain a minimum of 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. All Members who are eligible for Membership Extras as of February 24 will not be impacted by the 75-Vacation Point requirement, as long as they continue to meet the previously implemented eligibility requirements.
Do not purchase your Ownership Interest in reliance on access to or the ability to transfer these Disney Vacation Club incidental benefits. Incidental benefits may be limited, modified, supplemented, or terminated at any time.
DVC Member Tip: How To Get DVC Benefits As a Resale Owner
As long as points will be in the account at time of vacation, you can book a trip up to 11 months in advance at your home resort with the amount of points you own at that resort. Disney will never let two resorts have one home priority booking under any circumstance. You would have to wait until the 7 month window to combine two different properties for one vacation.
- per point price
- closing costs (traditionally, buyer pays closing costs due to sellers paying sales commission)
- current year dues (typically, during Right of First Refusal, Disney likes to see buyers contributing towards current year dues when receiving current year points)
Monera Financial – mortgage loans for DVC properties located in Florida
Vacation Club Loans – personal loans for ALL DVC properties
Light stream – an online lending division of SunTrust Bank that offers unsecured timeshare financing for consumers with good to excellent credit histories
The Closing Process
It takes Disney approx. 30 days to approve a sale. When Disney approves your contract, it then takes approx. 4 weeks for the title company to get the transaction to closing. At closing, the remainder due will need to be a certified bank check or bank wire transfer to the title company (international buyers). Once the sale has closed, it takes Disney approx. 14 days to set up your new membership. Its a very easy process for buyers and we keep you updated every step of the way!
Please give us a call toll-free at 1-866-544-2919 with any additional questions you may have. You can also reach us by email: email@example.com. We look forward to having you join our “family” of DVC owners!